Please contact the appropriate registrar (or the Central Depository in Singapore) to ask for the relevant change of address form.

You should notify the appropriate registrar in writing of any change to your name, providing documentary evidence, such as a copy of your marriage certificate or change of name by deed poll and enclose your share certificate for amendment. If you need uncashed dividend cheques to be reissued in your new name, please also include them in your envelope.

If you lose your share certificate, or it has been stolen, you should inform the relevant registrar immediately. A record of the missing share certificate will be made to prevent it being used and a letter of indemnity will be sent to you to sign. In signing this indemnity, you are confirming that if the missing share certificate subsequently comes to light, you will return it to the relevant registrar to be cancelled. This is to protect Prudential from possible misuse of your certificate while it is not in your possession. A replacement certificate will then be sent to you. There is a charge for this service, so we advise you to keep your share certificates in a safe and secure place.

If your shares are on the UK Register simply logon to Equiniti and register your preference. You will then be notified when we mail out documents to shareholders and be directed to where you can pick up the documents electronically.

Shareholders whose shares are on registers other than the UK Register should contact the appropriate registrar .

The procedures for shareholders to propose a person for election as a director are set out in the Company's articles of association and in the Companies Act 2006:

  1. Pursuant to Article 105 of the Company's articles of association, three or more shareholders qualified to vote at an Annual General Meeting, holding between them shares of an aggregate nominal value of at least £ 10,000, (not being the proposed director) may give notice in writing, signed by each such member, to the secretary of an intention to propose a person for appointment as a director stating the particulars required to be included in the Company's register of directors if the proposed person is elected, together with confirmation in writing by that person of his willingness to be appointed as a director. Such notice must be given by the proposing shareholders not less than seven nor more than 42 days before the day appointed for the meeting.
  2. Under the Companies Act 2006, shareholders holding 5% or more of the total voting rights at an Annual General Meeting of the Company, or 100 shareholders entitled to vote with an average of at least £ 100 paid up share capital per shareholder, are entitled to require the Company to circulate a resolution intended to be moved at the Company's next Annual General Meeting proposing the election of a person as a director of the Company. Such a request must be made at least six weeks before the Annual General Meeting to which the request relates or, if later, by the time notice is given of the AGM. A request may be in hard copy or electronic form, must identify the resolution of which notice is to be given and must be authenticated by the shareholders making it.
  3. Under the Companies Act 2006, shareholders holding 5% or more of the fully paid up share capital of the Company are also able to require the directors to hold a general meeting at which a resolution proposing the election of a person as a director of the Company is requested to be moved. The shareholders' request must state the general nature of the business to be dealt with at the meeting and may include the text of any resolution to appoint a director that is intended to be moved at the meeting. A request may be in hard copy or electronic form and must be authenticated by the shareholders making it. Where such a request has been lodged with the Company, the directors are obliged to call a general meeting within 21 days of becoming subject to the request and must set a date for the meeting not more than 28 days from the date of the issue of the notice. If the shareholders' request identifies a resolution to be moved at the meeting, the resolution must be included in the notice of meet ing.

Yes, providing you have forwarded the relevant documentation to your registrar . If you wish to receive your dividends this way, please contact your registrar who will send you the relevant documentation. Payment of dividends in this way avoids the risk of loss in the post, or otherwise. It also saves you the trouble of taking or sending cheques to your bank or building society, avoids delays as the dividends are credited on the due date and you will still receive the tax credit voucher at your registered address.

Please contact your registrar , who will investigate the reason for non-receipt. You may wish to have future dividends paid directly into your bank or building society account. See above for details.

Prudential dividend cheques may be cashed within twelve months of issue. After this time they need to be reissued. You can do this by returning the cheque to your registrar . To avoid this problem, you should consider having your dividend cheques paid directly into your bank or building society account. See above for details.

Yes, Prudential offers a Dividend Reinvestment Plan to shareholders on the main UK and Irish branch registers.

Sometimes if shares are bought at different times the registration details given to your registrar might differ slightly on each occasion (eg Mr Luke S Whyte or Mr Luke Whyte). This can result in the registrar opening two accounts with slightly different details. This in turn leads to a dividend cheque being issued in respect of each account each time a dividend is paid, and the duplication of other shareholder communications. If your shareholding is duplicated in this way, please contact your registrar who will send you an account combination form for you to complete and return to them.

Prudential normally pays dividends twice a year, usually in May and September / October. Please refer to the Dividend Information section of our website for the latest dividend calendar.

Please contact your registrar at your earliest opportunity. They will assist you with the documentation required and be able to make the process as straightforward as possible for you.

At some point you may wish to transfer some or all of your shares to someone else (for example your partner or a member of your family). To do this you will need to complete a Stock Transfer Form. This form should be fully completed and returned with your share certificate representing at least the number of shares being transferred. The registrar will then process the transfer and issue a balance share certificate to you if applicable. The registrar will be able to help you with any questions you may have about completing the form.

If your shares are held on the UK Register, you can log onto Equiniti Shareview where you will be able to check your details, including your shareholding, dividend payments and various transactions. The service is secure, free and easy to use. You will need your shareholder reference number to access this service: this can be found on your share certificate or from a dividend tax counterfoil. You will be asked to select your own PIN and a user ID will be posted to you.

If your shares are held other than the UK Register, please contact the appropriate registrar .

You can do this through a stockbroker or your bank. The Company's UK Registrars, Equiniti , offer a postal dealing facility for buying and selling Prudential plc ordinary shares. They also offer a telephone and internet dealing service, Shareview, which provides a simple and convenient way of selling Prudential plc shares. For telephone sales call +44 (0) 871 384 2248 between 8.30am and 4.30pm GMT, Monday to Friday, and for internet sales log on to Equiniti Shareview for UK shareholders.

If your shares are held other than the UK Register, please contact your bank, broker or appropriate registrar .

Contact details for registrars can be found at Contact registrars .