UK Register

You are, of course, free to buy and sell your shares through any broker. If, however, you do not have a broker, you might be interested in the following services. Prudential is unable to endorse or recommend any of these services and would advise that you check the full details of the terms and conditions directly with the relevant providers.

Prudential's UK registrars, Equiniti offer a postal dealing facility for buying and selling Prudential plc ordinary shares. They also offer a telephone and an internet dealing service, Shareview, which provide a simple and convenient way of selling Prudential shares. Their contact details are below:

Postal sales: Share Dealing Services, Aspect House, Spencer Road, Lancing, West Sussex, BN99 6DA. Tel: 0371 384 2248
Telephone sales: 0345 603 7037 (Monday to Friday 8-30am to 4-30pm)
Internet sales: www.shareview.co.uk/dealing

Corporate Sponsored Nominee Accounts

Prudential can now offer a Corporate Sponsored Nominee Account (CSN) that will allow shareholders based in the EEA to hold their Prudential shares in an electronic format.

Some of the benefits of joining the CSN are:

  • Your shares are held electronically meaning that there are no share certificates to look after or risk losing;
  • You will receive annual detailed statements from Equiniti;
  • Your details will be kept on a private register and not on the main Prudential shareholder register;
  • Your shares can be traded on a T + 2 basis, so you would benefit from quicker completion of transactions. If you wish to sell your shares you could either use Equiniti's Shareview Dealing service at a reduced 1% rate compared to the normal 1.5% rate or have the option to transfer out from the CSN and re-materialise your holdings should you wish to sell through a broker in certificated form.
  • You can manage your holding online at www.shareview.co.uk ;
  • You can elect to have your dividends paid directly into a bank or building society account of your choosing;

How to join?

To join the CSN simply contact Equiniti on 0371 384 2035 * for a Transfer Form. Complete and return it with your share certificates to the address stated on the form.

Further information, including the full Terms and Conditions, can be found online at www.shareview.com/info/csn or alternatively you can speak to someone at Equiniti on 0371 384 2035 *.

Alternatively you can write to Equiniti at Equiniti, Aspect House, Spencer Road, Lancing, West Sussex, BN99 6DA, UK.

The Prudential Corporate Sponsored Nominee is provided and operated by Equiniti Financial Services Limited.

Equiniti Financial Services Limited are part of the Equiniti Group. Their registered offices are Aspect House, Spencer Road, Lancing, West Sussex BN99 6DA United Kingdom. Investment and general insurance services are provided through Equiniti Financial Services Limited, which is registered in England & Wales with No. 6208699 and is authorised and regulated by the UK Financial Conduct Authority no. 468631.

Hong Kong Register

Prudential operates a branch register for our shareholders resident in Hong Kong. This branch register is managed and administered by Computershare Hong Kong Investor Services Limited. They will be able to help you with any questions you have regarding the buying and selling of Prudential shares in Hong Kong. Visit their website www-uk.computershare.com .

American Depository Receipts (ADRs)

Our ADR programme is managed and administered by JP Morgan Depositary Services, and they should be able to help you with most questions about buying and selling Prudential ADRs. You can contact them by telephoning (800) 990-1135 , or from outside the US + 1 (651) 453 2128 or by visiting their website www.adr.com .


Shareholders resident in Singapore may hold their shares in a Central Depository Securities account. For information about buying and selling Prudential shares please contact your broker or the Central Depository helpline: +65 6535 7511 .

Donating Prudential Shares to Charity

Shareholders who only have a small number of shares whose value makes it uneconomic to sell them may wish to consider donating them to ShareGift (registered charity 1052686). There are no implications for capital gains tax purposes (no gain or loss) on gifts of shares to charity and it is also possible for you to obtain income tax relief. ShareGift accumulates small shareholdings and then sells the shares donating the proceeds to a wide range of charities. Further information may be obtained about ShareGift on 020 7930 3737 or from www.ShareGift .org.uk .

If you wish to donate your unwanted share (s) to ShareGift, you will need to complete a form available on our website and send it together with your share certificate to ShareGift at the address shown on the form. There are special arrangements, if you have lost your share certificate, which are explained on the form itself.